This March, what will you be reading?

This March, what books are you planning (or will you continue) to read?
[If possible] Why?

Hey @andrueastman thanks for asking,

I have 3 on my list this month:

1. [Finishing] Human Compatible: Artificial Intelligence and the Problem of Control by Stuart Russell (co-author of AI: A Modern Approach)
  2. [Continuing] The Precipice: Existential Risk and the Future of Humanity by Toby Ord
  3. [Continuing] The Art of Doing Science and Engineering: Learning to Learn by Richard Hamming
1 Like

All three look really interesting. The first one is the most appealing to me, and The Precipice follows close behind. Enjoy!

1 Like

Currently reading:

• The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay: Really beautiful and so far my best novel in 2021. You find incredible linguistic gems scattered throughout the book, such as grampus, epinephrine (adjectivized), aetataureate, and bricoleur

Expected reads for March:

• Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
  • The Dragonriders of Pern - Anne McCaffrey
  • Something by Shakespeare
  • At least part of the collected letters of Sigmund Freud
1 Like
  • Best of Greg Egan (an amazing collection of scifi short stories)
  • SQL anti-patterns
1 Like

I love Egan! His stories have so many levels of detail - the Clockwork Rocket series is really fun, but my favourite is Permutation City followed by Diaspora

1 Like

I haven’t read any of those…but I bought Diaspora so it’ll be my next read after reading his short stories. I’ve read a couple of shorts already and this might be premature…but Learning to be me is my favorite at the moment.